• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Weird recurring Rash, what could it be?

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
I get this strange rash every now and then, particularly when I'm hiking. It happens on skin that has been covered and moving often... this means shins for the most part (covered by socks, of course).

It basically looks like a bunch of small warts with white-heads. All of the sores are centred around hairs, so I am almost 100% sure it has to do with follicle blockage issues.

What really freaked me out though is that, yesterday I had some pretty intense sex, the guy rode on me for hours and where he bumped and grind-ed on my upper-thighs, all sweaty. I find I have this same rash on the top areas on my thighs near the groin (where he was grinding) but NONE on the inner groin. It looks like an STD, but I am 90% sure it isn't because I've seen the exact same thing on my legs (again, all the warts are around hairs).

Anyone know exactly what kind of condition this is? if so, what's the best way to get rid of it fast?

Thanks!

Could it be heat rash? I sometimes get a rash if I've been hiking or exercising really hard, and the skin hasn't had enough ventilation or something. It looks more like red welts all over, and it is kind of irritated to the touch. Oh, and I usually just let it go away or take a shower and that makes it feel better. I bet if you put ice on it that would help it go down.

Probably not. It is composed of tiny pustules that form around the hairs, not so much welts. The ones on my left thigh have already started fading, but the ones on my right thigh have become more pronounced and disgusting.

They are not painful, but they can be irritating from time to time. The worst thing is the fact that this is the first time they occur in my groin. It looks absolutely harrowing (and I have a phobia of leprosy), and the fact that I can't have sex for a while because people will most definitely think it is herpes.

What makes me REALLY doubt that it is herpes is that all sores (there are at least 20) broke out basically during intercourse. I do not recall seeing any sores on my partner.

At this point I'm thinking it might be foliculitis, especially that I was recovering from a cold and had been drinking earlier.

Even with your updated info, it sounds very much like a sort of heatrash to me. I get the same kind of follicle-centered bumps and they're, unfortunately, exacerbated by sweaty sex. Very unsexy to wake up the next morning with a red rash between one's titties (or gender-appropriate area). I suspect the combination of extra skin cells, heat and sweat.

Even if you're pretty sure it's foliculitis, try exfoliating the day before your getdown session and a light (diluted) tea tree wash on the day of and right after the bumpngrind. At least it's worth a try, and if you care for the aroma of tea tree, you'll be happy with your fresh and fragrant self. I've experienced foliculitits after shaving in the chocha region and exfoliation prevents its occurence.

Keep us updated. I hate the phenomenon myself and am always looking to eliminate it altogether.

I'll second the guess of a heat rash...or it could be some sorta fungal infection. If it is indeed the latter, generic for Vagisil or Monistat is actually cheaper than other topical anti-fungals (not kidding... :)).

But why not see a physician?

ebola

Sounds like folliculitis to me. I get this on my thighs from time to time, its self resolving. If they persist you may need an antibiotic if they inflammation turns to infection.

Hi Jamshyd. Skin bumps like that, especially breaking out in reaction to contact, are either a histamine reaction, or other body reaction as a symptom of something else. Try to address the cause, not the symptom. The cause is usually either a dietary imbalance (body lacking something), or a toxin overload (body exposed to too much, or not able to disperse enough toxins). Liver and gut (intestines) are your body's main toxin filters. How's your liver? Have you been drinking (alcohol) much? Exposing it to drugs much? Have you been detoxing it, regenerating it, helping it along in staying in tip top shape to best keeping on detoxing your body?

Milk thistle (helps regenerate the liver), cod liver oil, oil of oregano (couple of drops in a tablespoon of cod liver oil; OO is a natural antibiotic/antifungal). One of the best way to clean your skin is from the inside out, using niacin. It opens up the capillaries and flushes the tiny vessels from the inside outward, but for that you need to clean your blood first, as you don't want to flush with dirty blood, in layman's terms. Quite the synergistic system, your body is, requiring well operating individual parts (liver, gut, blood, etc.) to produce well being throughout the rest of the system. Pure logic, really.

Hi Jamshyd. Skin bumps like that, especially breaking out in reaction to contact, are either a histamine reaction, or other body reaction as a symptom of something else. Try to address the cause, not the symptom. The cause is usually either a dietary imbalance (body lacking something), or a toxin overload (body exposed to too much, or not able to disperse enough toxins). Liver and gut (intestines) are your body's main toxin filters. How's your liver? Have you been drinking (alcohol) much? Exposing it to drugs much? Have you been detoxing it, regenerating it, helping it along in staying in tip top shape to best keeping on detoxing your body?

Milk thistle (helps regenerate the liver), cod liver oil, oil of oregano (couple of drops in a tablespoon of cod liver oil; OO is a natural antibiotic/antifungal). One of the best way to clean your skin is from the inside out, using niacin. It opens up the capillaries and flushes the tiny vessels from the inside outward, but for that you need to clean your blood first, as you don't want to flush with dirty blood, in layman's terms. Quite the synergistic system, your body is, requiring well operating individual parts (liver, gut, blood, etc.) to produce well being throughout the rest of the system. Pure logic, really.

SA, love, this really did touch a very pertinent point. I think I will PM you when things start easing out. Yes, I have been abusing alcohol - a LOT. That said, I have actually been taking a regimen of most of what you suggested for a couple of weeks now, and I feel better (and the rash is gone, of course). I think I will PM you about this soon.

rachamim?

LMAO

I just wanted to recommend monistat. ;)

LMAO again!